MPA ADVOCATES FOR YOU. WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED?
Securing financial reimbursements for pharmacists. MPA worked with the legislature and other health care professions to push opportunities to enhance the role of the pharmacist by expanding the pharmacy practice act. Pharmacists now have the opportunity to develop a collaborative practice agreement with physicians to independently provide immunizations and other health care services to Missouri patients.
Solidifying pharmacist reimbursement
. By working with the legislature MPA helped create programs that expand services to patients while at the same time providing creative new funding sources for Missouri. As a result, patients, taxpayers, and pharmacists are all winners.
MPA KEEPS YOU IN THE KNOW ON ISSUES THAT MATTER. WHAT ISSUES?
Health care is a hot topic and issues touch pharmacists. The Affordable Care Act forces new reimbursement models and will require pharmacists to be recognized as health care providers in order to participate and be reimbursed for services. MPA is tracking every change impacting pharmacists and provides alerts on the current status.
MPA supports practice-based research initiatives and innovative pharmacy practice activities.
MPA members will be up-to-date on grants and programs supported by MPA that foster activity on topics like pharmacist administered immunizations, medication therapy management and practice advancement programs.
We listen to member needs
, take the MPA voice to every table where pharmacy services are discussed, and keep members informed on trends and activities impacting Missouri pharmacists.
WHAT ARE THE MPA FINANCIAL BENEFITS?
Members receive discounted pricing on events and continuing education opportunities. By joining MPA, members have access to our continuing education portal that offers a wide variety of online CE at a discounted rate. In addition, you will have access to member rates for all of our live events.
Members receive special pricing on quality improvement programs
offered by Pharmacist Quality Commitment designed to help pharmacists comply with quality assurance requirements found in network contracts. Medicare Part D, and state regulations.
MPA is a grassroots organization.
We listen to our members and act on what we hear. Become a member, reap the benefits and for those interested in helping shape the future of the pharmacy profession there is an opportunity to be involved in committee work, programs and events, and board positions.
Join now and strengthen the voice of pharmacists.
Free subscription to all MPA publications: MPA Insider, MPA’s weekly electronic newsletter; Missouri Pharmacist quarterly journal, in print and online
- Free subscription to the MPA Candidate Directory app, AdvocateMO
- Pharmacy news update e-mails and alerts
- Discounts go attend MPA activities, including Annual Conference (learn about important advances transforming today's pharmacies), and Legislative Day (educate legislators on pharmacy-related issues).
- MPA’s Learning Library: Continuing education offerings for pharmacists and technicians in an on-demand format, making CE convenient for you.
- Discover employment opportunities and find future employees in the Career Center.
- Attend the MPA Regional Meetings each fall to receive legislative updates for the next Legislative Session, program opportunities, and network with local pharmacists.
- Professional, business and personal insurance is available through our Pharmacists Mutual partnership.
- PAAS National offers Fraud, Waste and Abuse training, third-party audit assistance and more.
For membership questions contact the MPA at 573.636.7522. Click here to download the membership packet.